To our families celebrating the Lunar New Year this month, we wish you good fortune and happiness – Kung Hey Fat Choi!
Term 1 Report Cards
This month you will be receiving the Term I Report Card. Ongoing communication between home and school remains key to student success. Report Cards are just one tool in our continuous efforts to increase student achievement and celebrate our collective learning. We encourage you to continue to stay informed about your child’s progress through teachers’ newsletters, google classroom and work sent home. As always, we value your support and feedback as we strive to meet all challenges and opportunities with optimism and enthusiasm. Report cards will be shared electronically the week of February 21st.
Kindergarten Registration is now Open for the 2023 -2024 School Year!
Families can register using the following options:
- Online – Families can access the online Kindergarten registration information at www.yrdsb.ca/kindergarten > Registration. It is recommended that families use a laptop or adesktop, rather than a mobile device to complete this registration.
- By email – Families can download the Elementary School Registration Form at www.yrdsb.ca/Kindergarten and email the completed form to their school email address.
- By phone – Families can request support to complete the registration form on their behalf by collecting the required information by phone. Families can request an interpreter, if needed, during this phone conversation.
- In-person at the school – Families may visit the school office to drop off or complete aregistration form.
In place of the in-person information session, a pre-recorded French Immersion video session is available on the YRDSB website. In addition, you can also hear all about the French Immersion program on the Tune In YRDSB: French Immersion Podcast. Program locations and additional information is also available on our website.
FI registration will begin on January 20, 2023. Parents or guardians of Senior Kindergarten students entering Grade 1 in 2023, and wishing to enrol in the FI Program, can email or call their home school office and indicate their intention to enrol. The home school will notify the French Immersion school, and the French Immersion school will contact you by phone or email to collect any necessary information. You are asked to register by February 6, 2023. Registration during this period is not first come, first served.
Late registrations are those submitted after February 6, 2023. Late registrations will be treated on a first-come, first-served basis and will be considered subsequent to registrations received during the registration period should overflow be necessary.
Grade 8 Transition to High School
Gr.8 students will be selecting their courses for next school year. To support this process, our intermediate team at Wilshire ES have been working closely with the secondary schools to share information with students and families. Please note a few important dates:
- February 3, 2023: Due date for elementary or secondary schools to submit student transfer requests in Google form
- February 7, 2023: Regional programs (IB, ARTs, and BCSS) provide a list to the elementary schools of the Gr. 8 students who have been offered and accepted placement
- February 16 – 24, 2023: All students submit course selection. Current YRDSB Gr. 8 students complete their registration for a YRDSB secondary school by submitting their course selections in My Pathway Planner
On the Horizon
- January 22- Lunar New Year
- January 25 – Bell Let’s Talk Day
- January 25 – The Rhapsody Viewing LINK
- January 27 – Holocaust Remembrance Day
- January 27 – Jersey Day (wear your favourte sport’s team colour or jersey)
- January 31 – Grad & Whole Class Photo Day
- February 1 – Virtual School Council Meeting