Another fabulous week of friendship and kindness at Wilshire ES. Although our weekly draws continue, the positivity is contagious! Congratulations to our 5 winners today.
Please take a moment to review the following information:
Term 1 Report Card Distribution
Term 1 Report Cards will be available next week. In order to access the Term 1 Report Card, you’ll need to have your child log into their GAPPS account, open the GMAIL feature, and open the message from YRDSB regarding “TERM 1 REPORT CARDS.” A separate email will be sent next week with more specific instructions.
Pink Shirt Day is Wednesday, February 22
Wear pink on Wednesday and say no to bullying. “Bullying can occur in schools, workplaces, homes, and online. Pink Shirt Day is a globally recognized day in support of anti-bullying, upstanding behaviour and simple acts of kindness. Now a movement celebrated across the globe, Pink Shirt Day has humble beginnings and was inspired by an act of kindness in small-town Nova Scotia. Pink Shirt Day falls on the last Wednesday of February every year; join us for Pink Shirt Day on February 22nd, 2023 in our mission to create a more kind, inclusive world by raising awareness and funds for anti-bullying initiatives.”
Wilshire Game Night!
Today is the last day to sign up for Wilshire School Council Game Night! You don’t want to miss the community fun next Thurs., February 23rd. Please register on School Cash Online by Tuesday, February 21st.
Wilshire Spirit Wear is Here!
You can purchase hats, hoodies and t-shirts through School Cash Online. You have two weeks to place your order.
Did you know that YRDSB has a podcast? From in-depth discussions on issues affecting education to practical conversations for families, Tune In YRDSB helps you stay connected to what’s happening in education.
Check out some of our latest episodes, available on most podcast platforms. Don’t miss our monthly wrap-up episodes sharing the latest news and upcoming events each month.
- Shine episodes featuring Black voices and celebrating Black excellence in its many forms.
- Introduction to Special Education. Learn more about how students are identified, what to expect, how we work with families to support students and more. We also invited students to tell us how their IEP helps them.
- Adult Learning. Two students sit down with adult learning educators to share their stories and talk about the benefits of adult learning. Find out how it works, what to expect, and why students feel “at home” here.
- Tamil Heritage Month. Staff, students and family members speak about Tamil Heritage Month, Tamil identity and how we can create learning and working spaces that affirm Tamil identity.
- Yad Vashem. Join YRDSB educators as they sit down with staff from Yad Vashem to discuss the importance of Holocaust education in Canada.
News, Tips and Resources for Families
Looking for the latest news, tips and resources for families? Some of our departments put out monthly newsletters that provide helpful updates and resources for families.
Visit our newsletters page to see them all, or check out the latest from:
- Centre for Black Student Excellence
- Math and Math Problems of the Month
- Mental Health
- Parent, Family and Community Engagement
- “The Special Edition” Exceptional Learning Strengths and Needs Newsletter
On the Horizon
- MONDAY FEBRUARY 20 – Family Day – no classes.
- WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 22 – PINK SHIRT DAY
- THURSDAY FEBRUARY 23 – Wilshire GAME Night at Wilshire ES
- FRIDAY FEBRUARY 24 – Beach Day! (dress in your favourite beach wear)
- MONDAY MARCH 13 – FRIDAY MARCH 17 – MARCH BREAK – no classes this week.