Another fabulous week at Wilshire has gone by. We welcomed our new Junior Kindergarten families to our Wilshire Community on Thursday evening at our Discover Kindergarten Sessions. It is exciting to meet all our curious new learners.
Junior & Intermediate Track & Field
It is that time of the year where we start putting together a Wilshire Track and Field team consisting of our Junior and Intermediate students. Our Intermediate students will be competing against each other on Tuesday, May 23rd at Wilshire and the Junior students on Wednesday, May 24th. Our track and field day will be running throughout the day, so students are asked to come prepared for the warmer weather.
Please ensure the following items are at school:
- Water bottle
- Running shoes (crocs are not a safe sporting shoe)
- Healthy snack
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your child’s homeroom teacher.
End of Year Celebration
On June 1, our Wilshire Parent Council will be hosting our End of Year Celebration. All current students and families and future Junior Kindergarten students are invited. Food packages and tickets will be available for purchase via School Cash Online soon. In order to make the night a success, our Parent Council is looking for volunteers to help out. . Please take a minute to sign up as a volunteer here! It is going to be an evening of family fun and you don’t want to miss out.
Class Placement Family Survey
Please share any information that you would like considered through the Class Placement Parent Survey 2023 – 2024 by May 26, 2023. Balancing the needs of all students is not an easy task. Placement decisions are made by a team of staff who know your child, their learning strengths and needs, and their peer relationships. Requests for individual teachers should not be made. Please keep in mind that teacher assignments often switch from year to year.
We value the input from parents/guardians. This survey allows your voice to be considered in this process. One survey should be completed for each child for whom you wish to provide input. Once you submit the first survey, it will give you a link to submit another response for additional children.
Every Student Counts Survey – Extension
As you may know, York Region District School Board is currently engaging students in the Every Student Counts Survey.
On April 24, 2023, families received an email notifying them that the survey period is open. Families of students in Kindergarten-Grade 3 will have now received an invitation letter from their school, which includes a survey link and survey code to complete the survey at home.
We thank everyone who has already completed the survey. We have made the decision to extend the survey deadline. If you have not yet completed the survey, please consider doing so by May 19, 2023. We appreciate you taking the time to help us better understand our students and their experiences in school.
If you didn’t receive the survey invitation letter or have misplaced it, please contact your child’s homeroom teacher.
- Gino’s Pizza is on TUESDAYs. Orders can be made and paid through www.healthyhunger.ca by Thursday at midnight for the following week.
- Subway sandwiches are on WEDNESDAYs. Orders can be made and paid through http://www.healthyhunger.ca by Friday at midnight for the following week.
- Kids Kitchen will provide hot lunches to our students on FRIDAYs. Place your orders at www.kidskitchen.ca. Orders can be placed online until 10:00am the previous day!
Celebrate your child’s creativity by transforming your child’s art into give cards, calendars and more! Keep your eyes out for the order form that will be coming home this week with artwork from your child. All proceeds will go towards bringing incredible guest speakers and arts programming into Wilshire!
On the Horizon
- May 22 – Victoria Day (no classes today)
- May 23 – Intermediate Track & Field
- May 24 – Junior Track & Field
- May 23 – Doahl Dance Academy Program (Gr. 5/6 – 7/8)
- May 23 – 26 – EQAO Gr. 3
- May 26 – Gr. 7’s to BORC Outdoor Education Centre
- May 26 – Last day to Sign up for Wilshire Carnival!
- May 26 – Kindergartens to Tiny Town
- May 26 – Class Placement Family Survey Deadline
- May 29 – Gr. 4’s to BORC Outdoor Education Centre
- May 30 – Gr. 2’s to BORC Outdoor Education Centre
- June 1 – Wilshire Carnival!
- June 2 – PA Day (no school)
- June 21 – Gr. 8 Graduation
- June 26 – Term 2 Report Cards go home
- June 30 – Last Day of School for the 2022 – 2023 School Year (1/2 day – more details to follow)
Trust you are having the most wonderful Victoria Day Long Weekend!